Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A whole lot of little stuff...

Arabic quiz today.  Didn't study.  Clearly not-studying, now.  Will need to hit it once I get to the office.  Woke up at 3-something and couldn't get back to sleep.  Yuck.

I am glad I'm taking this Arabic class because it reaffirms what I have long suspected:  that I was lucky to graduate from the schooling I've done already;  that I'm not a person who enjoys being in school; and that it's not a good idea for me to go back or to entertain ideas of a career change that involve going back to school.

My rowing machine should arrive tomorrow.  I'm pumped.  Need to jumble up the workout schedule a bit.  For the sake of my knees, it's probably best that I cut back on running a little bit and change up the routine.  Rowing seems to have no downsides that I can tell.  I'm pumped.

My guitar on e-bay has only been there a couple of days, but it's doing really well.  I was hoping to get maybe $850 for it.  With 6 days to go in the auction, it's already at $900.  So, I may even be able to get what I have into it if it gets a last minute bidding surge.

Pity.  I was hoping the auction would be a disaster.  Then, I'd have an excuse to discontinue project e-bay and keep all my stuff.  However, it looks like I'll be auctioning off stuff on a relatively continuous basis. 

I checked out my house to see the problem my guys found yesterday.  I think I know what's causing it.  Basically, they built the second story, but part of the main 2nd story exterior walls don't sit on load-bearing walls.  Long story short:  part of my 2nd story is sagging a little bit.  It can be fixed.  Might have to jack it up a little bit and put a steel beam under there.

On top of that, I have moles in my front yard.  Double whammy.  The moles are a problem, themselves.  The second problem is that moles almost always mean grubs that are destroying my lawn.  Great.  I put down grub-x in the spring, but apparently that wasn't enough.

So, it's just nonstop joy these days. 

Today, I need to call my dentist to get a crown put on my root canal.  Another "yay" situation. 

My Dad is coming to visit this weekend.  I need to run out and buy another bed for the cabin.  There's next to no furniture in there right now.  I've got couches in the living room and 2 single beds upstairs.  One for Logan and one for me.  I'll go out and get one more inexpensive single bed.  That way, when Logan has a sleepover, they can actually sleep on beds. 

He should be able to catch Logan's football game.  They're supposed to be on Saturdays from here on out.  That'll make it easier for him on the Sunday scrimmages.  He was pretty worn out last Sunday having to do 2 sports on the same day.

I woke up way too early today, got breakfast at Waffle House (it's the only place open).  Now, though, I'm tired and I'm going to lay down until the house starts moving and grooving.

No comments: