Thursday, September 16, 2010

GPS gone wild!

Last night was sort of strange when running with my droid phone.

This model actually has the ability to use GPS tracking satellites, instead of just using cell tower location.  So, I turned that on with my endomondo application and ran.

It looks like it went sort of haywire.  When I look at the map, it's got me running my loop, but about 100 yards to the Northeast for a couple of laps.  It also appears to have not-registered my first two laps at all.  Also, during the run, the voice coach that tells you time and distance every mile, didn't really work. 

It was a really hard run.  It was a cool-ish night, but was about 68 degrees.  I really struggled to get in all the laps.  I think it may be because I was running a little too fast. 

I also appear to have picked up some food poisoning that is making life a little inconvenient at the moment.  I'll give it a day or two and if it doesn't clear up, I'll see the doc.  I'm not vomiting, which is a break, I guess. 

Right now, I feel like my trip to Texas made me fatter, slower and worse for the wear on the diet.  Oh well.  I have a lot of time to catch up.  Besides, not like somebody made me eat that barbecue sandwich.

Today, more Arabic, and frankly, I'm pretty sure at this point, I won't take another class after this.  With a kid active in sports, it's just too hard to do.  I'll finish out this semester and apply for my bonus from the Navy, but this is probably going to be it.  The novelty of returning to school has worn off and the reality of how little I enjoy sitting in a classroom has returned.

No comments: