Friday, September 17, 2010

Project E-bay Begins!

I have a pesky credit card balance that I took on with a cash advance last year to help the biz get over a rough spot.  Now, about a year later, it's still there and I haven't really made a dent in it.

I have a bunch of pretty valuable stuff, which I seldom touch, and that I mostly just "collect".  I need to sell the stuff off. 

It makes no sense to have fungible assets on hand when you have interest bearing debt that you can't pay off.  Basically, you're just paying constant interest on your stuff.  Basically, I could be buying another guitar every year for the cost of the interest on all my crap.  After a few years, I could have it all back just for the interest expense I'd be saving.

I am hoping that by e-baying off a bunch of my stuff, I can pay off half this balance.  That leaves another half that I'll just have to pay off with cash flow, but that's better than nothing. 

So, the project starts with a beloved guitar:  one of my Melancons.  They're all going to go.  I don't play them enough to justify having them around.  Pretty much anything I haven't touched in a long time has got to go. 

I need to get rid of my debt and try to simplify my finances.  A lot of my lifestyle and spending was justifiable when my business was high-flying and the economy was booming.  These days?  Not so much. 

So, if you want to see the first Melly that I'm gonna Selly (sorry, bad rhyme, there), here it is.  I'm going to go cry in my protien drink, now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320592022206

No comments: