Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wow, what a day!

Okay, today had some pretty major events in it.  Should break this out into different blogs, but really, I need to get to bed.  Long day tomorrow.

First, Logan had his first football scrimmage.  He was doing GREAT.  Thing is, it was held on a practice field that didn't have much grass on it.  At one point, he went down and gashed his knee open.  Might have been on a rock or really anything.  Took him to the ER.  4 stitches.  He's out for a week.  Not a big deal. He should be back in plenty of time for the first game of the season.

Second, got word that he was on the bubble as far as making Mavs A team next year.  I'm a little bit stunned, actually.  I saw the tryouts and I thought he did great.  Oh well.  They wanted him to come back for an assessment against 3 other kids tomorrow.  However, due to the stitches, he won't.

Now, folks who know me know I have a pretty hot temper up to a point.  However, when things are ridiculous, I don't generally get angry.  I just laugh my butt off.  Logan hit .470 (5th on the team and within striking distance of the 4 kids ahead of him), had a .690 OBP (1st on the team) and was with the offensive leaders all season long.  In additon, he was, hands-down, the best center fielder on the team.  So, if he doesn't make the team this year, oh well.  He has proven he can contribute to any team he's on. 

He'll still make the B team.  Frankly, for a lot of reasons, I think that might actually be a good thing. 

Other news?  I may not end up getting DAWIA certification. In the past, my education would have been equivalent to a year's experience, satisfying the experience requirement.  Now?  It doesn't.  (As of May of 2011.) 

This would mean that the certification is actually impossible for me to get.  Also, the training requirements are going to be totally different starting October 1st.  So, really, I'd be starting again from scratch after all this work.  What a total pain in the butt.

Will see.  There's some stuff going on that may change the landscape a little bit in September, but if it doesn't change, I'm hosed.  I won't be able to get my cert.  I would just end up spinning my wheels chasing the changing training requirements until I rotate out of my acquisition billet.

Law School?  More work than I ever imagined.  I really underestimated this thing.  I'm keeping up just fine, but need time to refine my outline and organize myself better.  I'm current with the reading, but that's about it. 

And with that having been said, it's off to bed.  Luckily, I am current with all my reading because the ER really put a crimp in my plans.  Tomorrow is a big day of classes.  (3 classes, from 10:10 to 4:50.)  After that, just one session of Legal Research and Writing and I'm done for the week.



So, that's everything. 

No comments: