Saturday, August 13, 2011

Everything in a Positive Direction

I have one more day to go until I'm flying home.  These past few weeks away from home have flown.  I dread being away from my son, but frankly, he's so busy, I don't think he notices, much.  If I stay busy, I usually manage not to be too heartsick.  I probably shouldn't make such a big deal about being away.  I just don't like it

I like being in my home, such as it is.  It's a mess and it's torn up with a renovation that may take years to complete, but it's mine.  My time there is limited, though.  Once my son is out of High School, I really won't have a reason to stay there. 

It is amazing how my outlook has improved over the past few months.  Really, in the Spring, almost everything was moving in the wrong direction.  However, I've hung in there long enough that almost everything is moving in the right direction, now.

First, my fitness is improving.  I still have a long ways to go, but it's getting better day by day.  That, in and of itself, is good, but I notice that my overall energy level and ability to focus are much better these days.  The improvement in my mood is probably due to this as well.

Second, business is good, now.  We're busy and have good cash-flow.  The entire organization is snake-bit after what we went through the past couple of years, but who knows.  It's hard to know what the new normal is going to look like.  I really do want to have my business kicking butt again like it did back in '07 and '08.  Life was pretty sweet, then.

Third, because of cash flow, my debt is getting back to being manageable.  Sometime in 2012, I'll be pretty close to pre-crisis stability.  If I can just keep hanging on until 2014, I should be debt-free, other than mortgages. 

Fourth, Law School starts soon.  I'm really looking forward to meeting my classmates.  Young people have energy and enthusiasm, and I could use a little of both, now.

Fifth, I should be getting my DAWIA Level I certification, soon.  Then, in January, I should be pinning on O-3 in the reserves.  Both are pretty big milestones for my military career.  This means that if I deploy, at least it'll probably be in a contracting capacity and as a Navy Lieutenant. 

Sixth, this one was always moving in a positive direction, but my boy is entering the 5th grade and continues to exceed any expectations I could have ever had for him.  What a great kid.  I'm proud of everything about him.  He's truly a gift.

So, life is good.  This is a good time to take it all in and enjoy.  Things will get rough again sometime in the future.  That's just the way things go.  However, you should enjoy the moment when you can.

No comments: