Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Long Day of Class

My belt is getting sorta loose.  That's good news because it was tight not that long ago.  Running is finally showing results.  I didn't work out yesterday.  The power outage threw me out of my planned schedule.  Tonight, need to get 4 miles in, one way or another.

Today will be 3 classes, starting at 10:10 and not ending until 4:50.  This will happen Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Looks like 1Ls don't get any really early classes.  I think they reserve those for 2Ls and 3Ls who need to cram all their courses into the mornings so they can work internships and such in the afternoon.

Logan's football team asked for more dads to help volunteer to coach.  I should probably help out.  Last few practices, I just spent the whole time watching.  Might as well be in there.  I am loathe to commit too much time.  I'll probably make it clear that I'll help when/if I can.  I really shouldn't.  I should be using that time he's at practice a little more productively.  Might be easier on him, too. 

Will have to haul butt to get Logan after school today and rush him to practice.  It takes about 20 minutes to get from campus to my house.  School lets out at 4:50 and practice starts at 5:30.  Not a lot of slack in that timeline.

I was able to step into work for a few minutes first thing this morning.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday are pretty low impact.  Classes start late and wrap up early.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are more intense.

Management of time is going to be the key to all this.  My biggest non-school time committment is time with my son.  I try to stay involved in his sports.  I also need to get him some batting practice so he'll be sharp for Mavericks tryouts this weekend.

Today will be one long day basically without a break. 

1 comment:

TexasPatrick said...

Good luck friend. I have an article to send to you on operating a law practice.