Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday was a good day all in all.  I intended to get caught up on my reading for school.

I did read one small section.  Need to buckle down today. 

I had a great run.  The weather is cooling off in the evenings, now, and it's bearable to run outside.  So, relief from the dreadmill until the weather turns crappy again.

At work, I was a machine.  Honestly, if this is the result of Law School:  that it focuses me on work to give me an excuse for procrastination, it's worth every penny of tuition money.  I don't think I've been as productive in the last 6 months as I've been in the past couple of days.

Diet-wise?  I didn't do so good.  Had a Steak and Shake meal and then some chinese for supper.  Big Mac for lunch.  Breakfast, I had biscuits and gravy.

So, overall, I'd say they day was:

Schoolwork?  C-
Excercise?  A
Work-work?  A
Diet?  D

Overall, I'll take it.  I think being in school is making me better at a lot of things.  Should have done this years ago. 


I slept in pretty late today (9:30) and didn't exactly bound out of bed.  Part of it is that I haven't been sleeping enough since coming back from drill.  The other half, I think, is the workout.  So far, so good, though.  This is the fun phase of training. You get faster almost every day.

I also just sent off my DAWIA certification request.  I'm afraid that by doing so, I've put myself in the pipeline.  So long as I can finish 1L year first, I should be okay.  At this point, I'm trying to decide whether it'd be best to pick my poison and chose a tour that works well with school, or just stay low and wait until they tap me.  At this point, I'm chosing the path of inaction.

No comments: