Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Adding Vector...

In the 1990s, I was a very productive person.  I had a demanding job, was getting my MBA, and getting a certification in Production and Inventory Management.

Every day, I'd take out a yellow legal pad and write:

"James Strebler"
"MBA, Case Western Reserve University"
"Certified in Production and Inventory Management, the American Production and Inventory Control Society"

That was my daily affirmation.  I believe in affirmations, but not for any mystical or spiritual reason.  I think anybody who expects magic to change their lives is an idiot.

I believe in them because they focus a person.  In a day, there are a million decisions we make.  If we're focused on a goal, we're more likely, subconsciously, or consciously, to make decisions that move us closer to the goal.

I'm finding that with Law School looming, other things are coming into sharper focus.  I just don't have as much slack time during the day.  As they say, "if you want something done, ask a busy person."  Busy people don't have the luxury of procrastination.  Nearly all of us are capable of great things if we don't keep putting them off.

So, with that having been said, I'm trying to add vector.  Combined with thrust, that should get me where I want to go.

So, for now, my targets are:

JD
Fitness:
-175 pounds
Profitability in the business (there's a tangible number attached to this, but I will keep it confidential for obvious reasons)

Add to this, the ongoing goals of:

-Service to Country
-Father

Those are the major areas where I need to succeed over the next few years. 

The more I do, the better I seem to get at everything.  Let's hope that continues to hold true.

No comments: