Friday, April 15, 2011

The Taxman, the Plane-man, and all other sorts of odious men.

Got my taxes from the CPA yesterday.  Got everything signed, sent it off and then started reviewing it.

(Yes, I realize the error of this sequence of events.)

Noticed a problem:  my account number for the electronic debit is wrong.  WTF?  Pissed me off.  Then, I noticed we didn't get the child care tax credt.  Then, I noticed that the reason we didn't get the child care tax credit is that the CPA never found my W-2 from the reserves.

DOH!!!

So, already, he's working on an amended return.  It won't be that different.  We'll get back a few more dollars, but the main thing is that a missing W-2 is a bit of a big deal.  Or at least it is to me and I would presume it will be to the IRS, too.

I have no idea what's going to happen with the refund, now.  Lord only knows how long it'll take to get to me.  Nothing to be done, now.  I could have waited until Monday to mail the thing and I should have.  Instead, I wanted it to be taken care of and off my list and this is the result.

Oh well.

I just checked my american airlines AAdvantage account.  (Frequent flier account).  After my last flight, I should have enough miles to get a free ticket, but I noticed that they only had half of my round-trip in there.  Doh!  They say to give them two weeks, and that gives them another week to post this thing, but seriously?  Do they do this by carrier pidgeon?  I mean, why wasn't my flight credited to my account that day?  Next-day at the latest?

I really, really am an uptight dork, and this is the sort of thing that makes me that way.  I can't stand it when things get screwed up and they're outside my control to fix.

Other than that, still waiting on final word about going to Japan next week.  They're not giving me much lead-time on this.  If it falls through, not the worst thing.  I need the money, but it wouldn't bother me to stay in town, either.

No comments: