Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quite a Week

A little less than a week ago, I got a chance to go to Japan to help with logistics planning during their disaster.  A few days later, they pulled the plug.

I'm sorta glad I had this little dry-run, though.  I was runnin' round like a chicken with my head cut off and it felt good to be so busy, checking things off the punch list.  Kept me from just sitting around wallowing, which is something I've been doing too much of, lately.

Got my taxes done, and will have to file an amended return because somehow my Navy Reserve W-2 never got to the accountant.  I should get a refund this year, and boy do I need it.

The business continues to give me fits and sleepless nights.  All I can do is keep on doing it.  One way or another, it'll all play itself out over time.  They say it's darkest before the dawn and it was never darker than it was last week.  This week, a few things went our way for a change.  It's still touch and go.  I won't make any predictions right now.  Just wish things would get better, that's all.

Now that I have my taxes, I can start the paperwork to get federal financial aid.  Even with the half-ride scholarship, the business isn't doing well enough for me to pay as I go.  Just one more thing I'm going to close my eyes and hope things work out for the best.

The one thing that is perfect in my life is my little boy.  My pride and joy.  I can't wait for his Summer vacation.  I've always felt that school just saps the little guy.  He has really earned a season of sleeping in and relaxing without homework.  Such a good little guy.  Last night, he sat down and did his homework without being asked.  He's always been a responsible, conscientious guy.

No comments: