Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bald head, lawn tractor and other items of no importance...

Got tired of my hair and shaved my head today.  This is something I plan on doing about once a year when the weather gets hot.  I love having no hair.  Feels great and it's easy to take care of. 

Unfortunately, it makes me look like an escaped mental patient or an inmate.  Not a good look.  At this point, though, I don't really care.  I'll let it grow out and by the time Summer is ending, my hair will look normal again.

The rain might abate long enough for Logan to have his tournament this weekend.  It's baseball madness.  At least 6 games during a 6 game stretch.  If they do well enough, it'll be 8 games.  Poor kid will probably be sick of baseball by next week. 

Took the zero turn mower to the dealer for an annual servicing.  It was acting up a little bit, anyway.  I won't have it back for 9 days.  With the rate things are raining right now, the grass will be beserk by the time I get it back.  That's okay.  One of the nice things about the mower is that it's basically one of the most heavy-duty mowers that John Deere makes.  Doesn't matter how tall the grass is, the mower takes care of it in short order. 

I'm sorta looking forward to taking on the lawn when I have the steed back.

I need to buy some topsoil, I think.  I want to put some in the base of Logan's basketball hoop.  It keeps falling over.  I'm not sure I can repair the thing, but it also needs a new rim.  The backboard is also bent.  I'll see what I can do to straighten all that out.  He really likes to shoot hoops.  Having a rim handy is sorta important for him at this age.  He loves basketball.

Speaking of Logan, he ran his school's 1-mile run and finished in 7:25.  Little speedster.  There are a couple of kids faster, but Logan has always been one of the fastest in his class.

Other than that, I bought a new microwave.  I also got a vacuum cleaner from my brother who is garage saleing all his stuff before moving to Northern California. 

I also got a couple of books about law school sent to me as promotional copies by guys who I know through a law school discussion board.  After I get done watching my Netflix "forgetting sarah marshall", I'll start reading those.

Weather has been rainy as all get-out and work is going really well.  Should be an excellent month.  We should have smooth sailing between now and July at least.  Beyond that, it's impossible to guess.

That's all the news that's fit to print and a whole bunch that really isn't.

No comments: