Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas! End of Year 2013!!!

2013 is coming to an end.  My apologies to everybody who won't be getting a Christmas card this year.  It sort of snuck up on me and I guess I'm still shaking off mope-mode.

2012 was a terrible year.  Just a year where a whole lot of terrible things all happened in rapid succession.  2013, I feel like I've stopped losing ground.  Things didn't get good, per se, but at least I wasn't in full retreat all year like I was in 2012.

I did get a few small mercies in 2013.  I found a great condo.  It isn't my ideal living situation, but it's spacious and feels homey.  It's within walking distance of Logan's home games at his Junior High.  The job continues to go well.  The longer I do it, the more I like it.  I was dealing with lingering ill effects of 2012 all year, but I have my fingers crossed that everything should be taken care of from here on out.

I am also grateful for my job, especially in an economy where so many others are struggling.  I have friends and I have my son.  So, I have some blessings to count.

2014 is still a little early for me to say I'll turn the tide, but it's going to be a year where I get my feet more solidly underneath me.

My brother is moving back to Ohio.  It'll be good to have Rob back in the state.  He was a lot of fun to chum around with before he moved to California.  It'll be good to see a lot more of him.

I am sorta making peace with my current situation.  I drive to Dayton for work during the week, then back up here on weekends.  I also try to drive up for Logan's sporting events.  It's a hassle.  I do a lot of driving, but it could be worse.  At least I do get quite a few days with my son.  It's not as good as if I had an actual job around here, but it is what it is.  Toledo has a horrible economy.

There will be some developments at work in 2014.  I will rotate out of my current office and I'm looking forward to seeing where I go next.  There are a few other opportunities that may pop up, too.

Until then, well, it feels like I'm still treading water, but at least I'm not drowning so much anymore.

I'm hopeful that my December 2014 update has a lot more good news.  We'll see.  Sometimes you just have to play the game to see how it ends.

No comments: