Saturday, November 2, 2013

Driving forward through the darkness

As much as I'd like to believe the disasters of 2012 are behind me, there seems to be something every week or two that drags me back into it.

As an example, I got a notice from the State of Michigan that I owed them $225.  They said they were going to start tacking on penalties and interest.  So, I mailed the check and contacted my payroll servicer who screwed up a tax return to them.  They admitted their mistake and sent an amended return.

Now, State of Michigan should refund the overpayment to me.  But they'll probably send it in my business name.  That means that depositing the check is going to be a hassle.  Oh well.  I'll figure something out.  God only knows what, but I'll figure something out.

Things like that are just depressing.  I'm trying to focus on building things back up and it just defeats me to have to get dragged back into the past again.  Not once have any of these episodes been because of anything I did wrong.  It's always some governmental agency or court screwing up some sort of paperwork or whatnot.

I think if I can just hang on, I can be done with it all sometime before the end of 2014.  It won't last forever.  So, I persevere.

Logan's football season is over.  He tries out for basketball next year.  After the fiasco with the Mavericks a few years back, I'm always more nervous than ever at tryout time.

I just want him to have a shot at making his high school teams if he wants to play in high school.

I will breathe a big sigh of relief if he makes his 7th grade team, though.  I think his chances are excellent, but it's never a done deal until it's final.

Anyway, I don't feel that great now.  Like I said, I'll feel better when 2012 is behind me, but it isn't yet, and might not be for a while.  So, I just do what I have to do and keep trying to move forward.



No comments: