Monday, January 16, 2012

Creaky, broke-down old man!

Got a brand-new bread knife and used it to slice some bread.  It did a much better job than the big knife in the $8 set of knives I got at Wal-Mart.  In fact, it sliced bread so well, it sliced right into the middle finger on my left hand!  Yeeeouch.  Oh well.  Didn't take the tip totally off.  So, it's band-aids and neosporin for the next few weeks while I attempt to fix my hand.  Luckily, it's my left hand.

Friday, my treadmill arrives.  I can't wait.  I've really missed it.  I know we shouldn't attach emotion to inanimate objects, but it does sadden me a bit that my old treadmill will, literally, be put out on the curb when Spring's unlimited garbage day rolls around.  Still, this new treadmill is going to be awesome.  Much longer deck, a wider belt, built-in speakers (for what those are worth.)  I can hardly wait. 

I really need to get back into running.  I was derailed a few years back when plantar fasciitis flared up.  Took me years to get past that.  Now, I still have to watch out for it, but largely I can avoid it just by selecting the proper shoes. 

My back is healing up.  I think I strained my lower back with a set of bent-over rows that a trainer put me through last week.  Little by little my back is feeling better.

I'm getting eager to start running.  Would be doing the rower, but with back pain and now a bandaged finger, might be best to hold off.  I am also going to hit the gym a lot more this semester.  Need to wait for back and finger to heal there, too.

No comments: