Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fit at 50 Day One

Weight:  194.  (Yikes!  A little more weight gain than I wanted, but nothing I can't work with.)

Breakfast:

500 mg. Vitamin C.
1000 mg. Fish Oil.
Centrum Multivitamin.
Orange Juice
3 eggs
5 strips turkey bacon
Coffee

Workout today?  Run 2 miles on treadmill at Planet Fitness.  50 kettlebell swings.



Multiple workouts in a day have always worked for me.  I have heard people give various theories on this.  That it amps up your metabolism.  Who knows.  Maybe it does.

I usually shoot for multiple workouts during my normal days.  One at lunch and one after work.  (Usually weights at lunch and run  or cardio after.)  I don't do this on fencing nights, but fencing is a workout, too.  I sweat a lot during fencing.  I'm probably getting some fitness benefit from it.

So, that's the plan for today.  Also, diet-wise, not much of a plan.  Just trying to keep total carb count below 100 grams for the day.  During December, that was just going to be flat-out impossible.  I wasn't even going to try.  But time to get back on it.

I'll check in at the end of the day to report how the actual went against the plan.

No comments: